|Reports to:||Laura Preston, Creative Design Manager|
|Location:||Marketing department, Shuttlemead site, Padiham, Burnley, Lancashire|
|Hours:||Full time Monday to Friday 08:15 – 17:15
OR Part time Flexible 3 days 08:15 – 17:15
We are a proud British manufacturing company exporting to 71 countries globally. We are looking for a photographer to join our marketing team. The job is predominantly taking studio based product photos, but also includes food/lifestyle photoshoots for our extensive product ranges.
The role is open to full time and part time applicants (a minimum of three days a week) and is based at our impressive headquarters. To apply we would like a creative, versatile photographer who is seeking a varied role within a marketing department.
Are you a graduate, or are graduating this year? If so this is a fantastic opportunity to take your next step with an internationally renowned company. As part of a small close-knit team you will be exposed to all areas of the business, dealing directly with our sales and production teams, and potentially with international customers.
The role includes your own photography studio, which you will be responsible for, along with the provided equipment including a Canon 5D Mark III, lenses and lighting. You will be working on a Mac with the latest Adobe CS software. You will be responsible for keeping the images on our BRAND-NEW website up to date. This will include training in WordPress. It will also be necessary to film our stand at UK based trade shows and create promotional videos. These videos are used for our website and social media.
What you’ll be up to:
- Producing photographs requested by the Creative Design Manager to achieve professional and effective design solutions. Photographs will be a combination of studio (white background cut out) and lifestyle (location based) shots. These will be used for internal and external marketing, including print, digital, PR and websites.
- To produce customer specific photographs for our sales and international teams.
- To develop and use computer manipulation techniques on a wide range of base materials, including photographs, to provide colour correction, image enhancement and as necessary, image creation.
- To establish and maintain a professional rapport with all customers and other firms, over the production of material within the agreed deadlines, specification and budget for each individual job.
- Assist in organising location photoshoots.
- Contribute effectively with the organisation, maintenance and updating of the ‘marketing’ server including filing photographs and other marketing material in a systematic way.
- To keep the images on our BRAND NEW website up to date. This will include training in WordPress.
- Sending emails and taking calls to liaise with the What More team and our customers directly. This can include the likes of Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Lakeland and international customers.
- Filming trade shows and promotional videos using the camera provided. These films are used for our website and social media.
- Full time only: Assist with other marketing projects, including internal printing and mounting of POS.
- Full time only: Assisting with social media campaigns and adhering to the social media schedule.
If you are interested?
To be considered, you must have:
- A degree in a photography-related discipline or 1 – 2 years’ experience in a photography related role
- Relevant work experience
- A varied portfolio and a passion for photography
- Experience and enthusiasm for using a Mac
- Ability to cut out, colour correct and touch up product photos
- Excellent eye for detail and maintain consistency throughout product images
- Basic filming and editing (Premier Pro) experience
- Excellent experience of Adobe CS products: Essential: Photoshop Desired: InDesign, Basic skills
- The ability to work on multiple projects at once
- An ability to create high quality product images (in and out of a studio)
- A natural ability to come up with photography solutions
- Good technical ability
- Able to work in an organised and efficient manner whilst working on multiple projects.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Have a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Be a team player and able to create photography solutions
- Driver’s License, as some work will include going to our Altham site (5 minutes’ drive away). Some photoshoots will be on location where you will need to travel to.
- Interest in Social Media
- Basic graphic design skills (Illustrator and InDesign) to help when we are at a high artwork capacity
To apply please send your CV to the Creative Design Manager Laura Preston: firstname.lastname@example.org